Pageviews from the past week

Monday 31 October 2016

A Wildean Excursion


Let's get off to a good start with a Stars in Their Eyes reference; today, Matthew, I'm going to be Oscar Wilde.

“To wear one cardigan, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune, to wear two looks like carelessness.” Horribly mauled, but captures the essence of a predicament I find myself placed in by the cowboy who installed my central heating boiler. I'm having to wear two cardigans, not through carelessness (at least not my own) but through simple erotic delight and a lack of central heating.




The inner one is a sleeveless number with those faux leather football style buttons and the outer a Uniqlo lambswool with, well, I don't have to say do I ? Very nice, too bulky for going out, but nice indoors.

My Oscar Wilde doesn't end there, though, as I'm sure he told Bosie on many an occasion. You see, having, in my Lady Bracknell quote, laid myself open to accusations of carelessness, I'm going to excuse myself in the character of Canon Chasuble from The Importance of Being Ernest, “None of us are perfect. I myself am peculiarly susceptible to draughts.”. The canon needs to wear a cardigan, or two. I can recommend it.

No comments: